Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Leather Watch Sweat Smell



I had decided to make the first week only to leave and forbidden me to waste even a thought to the agency. Paula during long services in the hospital and then slipped into bed was half dead, I discovered the city new to me. I strolled through the many small shops in Covent Garden explored, what was in the side streets towards Leicester Square been added to stores. Walked for hours with a coffee to go along the Thames, browsing through bookstores, people watching.
the end of the Week, I noticed how slowly fell off a load of me. I had the feeling to get some air, free to think. I liked London to be very good. I remembered how I had been thinking already about 8 years ago to come here once more, for longer. To stay here to work. Maybe for two or three years. I felt comfortable, liked the people, the town's heartbeat.
When I got up on Friday it was raining. I was cooking a strong tea, poured milk to wait and that my toast golden out of the ancient device that was in the kitchen, appeared. Shortly before eleven I made my way to the National Gallery . I liked this Museum very much and it was part of every visit to London, where once inside it. Even though I had sometimes only an hour for short between the paintings of famous artists to walk, let the chaos of the city outside and come back down. The weather was perfect today for it.

When I felt hungry at four so slow, I picked up my bag at the door and left the museum. The sky was gray and not quite as huge as the October sun shone through the clouds. I went in search of a small café. In the evening I had a date with Paula for dinner. We had not seen each other much of the last few days and I had the impression that Paul was concerned. I have not had much about the situation in the agency. The two evenings that we had previously chatted extensively, I have questioned about her new job and tells her of my favorite places in London and the time here 8 years ago. They probably thought I would now with all that time alone is very gloomy. Luckily, London exudes charm and myself entirely wrapped up in it, so I actually went much better.
I passed a cafe which had a direct view of the Thames. It was a free table in the sun, now the laughing of a clear blue sky. It always amazes me how quickly capsized here but the weather. I sat down and ordered a latte and scones with clotted cream to strawberry and jam. How I loved that! I took a book I had bought yesterday at Waterstones , from his pocket and enjoyed the warm autumn sun.
"sorry bother you mind if I sit down to that?" I looked up. Before me was a handsome man in his mid thirties. He wore suits, like most here in the area.
"No, absolutely not."
"Thank you. I would also not interfere, you have caught only the most beautiful place in the sun. "He smiled at me.
"That's right. The must enjoy it as long as it still seems. "
The operation brought my coffee and the Lord also ordered one.
"Are you from here?"
"No, I'm just visiting, but I have lived here for some time. I love London. "
he had to laugh. "You hear often. Are you a professional here? "
" No, not really. ... But who knows what comes up. "
" Ah, I understand. Looking for a change? "
" Yes, sort of. And you, you work here? "
" Yes, I work in a bank near here. I come here often on top of a coffee. And as the sun just seemed so nice ... "
The operation brought the second coffee.
"Excuse me, how rude! I squeeze in here and I have not even imagined! I'm Jeremy. "
" Hi Jeremy. I'm Sady. Laugh, "We had to.
"Pleased to meet you, Sady."
We chatted for a while, more generally, of London, people here until we return to the reason for my visit to London came.
"And now you're back here in London. And do leave? "
" Yes, sort of. The last weeks were very chaotic and I think that my days are counted in the agency. Not that I expect a termination, but somehow I'm stuck. I do not think I would stay there. "I was a little surprised that the thought had so formed. Actually, it was clear now. I wanted something different, a new path. But where should guide me?
"And now you can you here a fresh blow to the nose and are thinking about, what do you want?"
"Something like that, yes."
"And, already have an idea in which direction it should go? Want to look you up a new agency? "
" I have no idea. Honestly! I just do not know. That would, of course, the easiest way to look for me just a new job in another agency. But I am not sure if I want. I had thought about making my own business. But I do not know. "
" With our own agency? "
" No, not really. I had thought about going to the creative direction. Inside, in the broadest sense. Help for everybody if you want to spice up a room, but has only a small budget. With paint, new fabrics, new decor. Something like that direction. "
" Sounds interesting. The basic idea is quite good. You had to summarize the idea, of course, and you consider whether this is really something with which you want to spend the whole day. "
" So I just I did not think about it yet. "
" But for that you're here now. Be inspired. And if thou hast rejected the idea in the end, you're also one step further. "
" Right. So I got the not yet seen. "I smiled at him. "Unbelievable, I tell you all this! I mean, we do not know us at all! I will not bore you so. "
" Oh sorry! I would also not be so curious. "How could I forget that British apologize as many times? I had to laugh.
"Hey, do not worry. Was nothing secret or something. "
I looked at the Clock. It was already past six.
"Oh, I gotta go! We verquatscht very nice! "
" Oh, indeed. I hope I did not see you stopped? "
" No, but I have an appointment with a friend and because I should now make their way. Here it takes a little longer to well known from A to B ".
" That's right. Sady, it was very nice with you here to sit in the sun ... even if the meanwhile hid behind thick rain clouds. I would be happy if we meet again for coffee. "
" Very much. I'm still here two weeks. "
Jeremy gave me his business card.
"Because everything is on it you need to know. Register up just when it suits you. "
" I do! "
We went together to the subway and said goodbye. I was always surprised how quickly you here, but people got to know. Something I had never happened before in Germany. Maybe it was also in me. Abroad, I was even more open than in the everyday hustle and bustle at home.

When I arrived at Paula, she was already back from her shift.
"Hey, there you are! Well, had a nice day? "
" Yes, definitely. And you? You look very beautiful to finish. "
" I am too. But I am dying of hunger. Do We like going on? I is close to a nice pub. Because you can totally eat delicious. "
" Then we have since down immediately. I also have huge hunger. "
" Great, then you can tell by your week. I'm sorry that I have so little time. "
" But that's no problem! . I knew before, "
We put on our jackets, took the big screen - it had started raining again now - and made our way towards the pub. Once there
was really comfortable. It was almost like an old living room. Everywhere were comfortable sofas and chairs, pictures on the walls hung with hunting scenes and crackled in the fireplace, an artificial fire. Even the floor was covered with a big old carpet. We ordered
hearty meal and a glass of red wine.
"What have you done today so? The weather was not so great. "
" At first I was in the National Gallery, and after that in a nice cafe on the Thames. "
" Oh, you're a museum-goers? "
" Well, actually not so sure. But the National Gallery has done to me. I like to go as pure. Sometimes I sit there and just in a large room with great pictures and watch the people. Fortunately, entry costs nothing, then you can do so more often. "
" The true. The time I had not even me to see such a thing. But it is noted, National Gallery is worth seeing. "
" Absolutely. And in the cafe I met a nice man - Jeremy Collins, bankers, mid-thirties "
Paula grinned..
"Oh! And? You see you again? "
I grinned back.
"I think so. But actually I'm currently in the direction of no interest. That was the last few weeks, all turbulent enough. But it was nice that I have to admit, yes. "
" And he looked good? "
" You back now! But yes, he was not unattractive. "
" You have two weeks here. Let's see what comes of it. "
I gave her a slap on the leg.
"Stop it! Since nothing comes of it! It was just nice. Ok? NICE. "
" Yes, is already good, "Paula laughed," I have understood. "

0 comments:

Post a Comment