Friday, June 25, 2010

Mastermate Snow Tires



The weekend I spent in holiday mood. On the day the sun was shining from a blue sky and drenched us. The nights were mild, so I long with a glass of wine on the balcony and sat then slept with the window wide open. I enjoyed the lazy days and repressed all thoughts of the agency successful. It could go on forever so on. But the best time had come to an end. And so I ripped the alarm clock Monday morning far too early in my dreams. I stayed in bed for a while, looked out the window into the bright blue sky, listened to the neighbors as they closed the doors and made their way to work.
I were just stayed in bed, wrapped in my world with holiday-scented summer thoughts.

The first day back in the office was most peculiar. On the one hand it was very good to see everyone and immerse themselves in the usual activity, on the other hand, was the trip away from everyday life far too short. I tried to keep my relaxation and my colleagues not to bother with a bad temper. They could not help it, that had turned the wheel while I was away as normal and I was not ready to jump again.
I went to Tom to the office. I had not seen him all morning. On his desk is piled folders and documents, but no trace of him.
"Tom is the week sick." Jasmin came to me, getting some documents. A stretch in the stomach began to spread.
"What has he got?" I asked.
"I do not know. Something with the family, I think. "Oh no! His grandpa!
"And he said nothing?" Bored to me.
"You have not I talked to him. He probably just called Karin and called in sick. "For Karen, I would get out a word. The assistant to Mr. P could be talkative like a washerwoman, but sometimes she was just beastly and pretended as if protecting the company and police would have all the information before the other employees.
Jasmine looked at me quizzically. "You know what's going on? He was recently also not so well on it. "
" No, not that exactly, "I tried to distract. "Who knows."
Should I call him? But what if his grandfather was really bad, then I might just upset.
I decided to call in the evening. So he would certainly no longer in the hospital. I could call and ask too Bee. Although we had had so far not a lot to do with each other, but it was actually very nice and by chance I had her phone number. We had been agreed at a weekend canoeing, and Tom Bee had somehow tangled and not the meeting place. Then he called me from her phone.
If I did not reach him tonight, that would be a way to figure out how bad the situation was. Around noon, I sat

down with jasmine and we went through the events of last week. There was nothing significant happened, no drama, no great successes. Therefore, we did not take long and I was quickly back in my office alone. The good mood and the rest of the holiday had yielded to an uneasy feeling. I was worried to Tom. The whole situation around his grandfather took him a lot. Actually it would be to wish the old man that he would soon fall asleep peacefully and would suffer no pain. That he would not see how it is washed and cared for by strangers. That he could walk with dignity.
I sighed and went back to work. In the afternoon I called Maja, to tell me that we had not received further commitments for the reading month. I was happy with her and told her about Tom.
"Oh, that does not sound good. But maybe he wants to support only his mother or something. "Maja was right. Maybe I painted me from even exaggerated nightmare scenarios. Maybe Work and family were a bit much right now and he needed time to recharge.

rang about nine clock my phone. Tom. I had tried earlier in the evening to reach him, but his phone was switched off. I had not yet called Bee, which seemed to me to be dramatic.
"Hi Tom! How are you? I've heard you're sick. "
" Sady ... "His voice sounded tired, weak. "It goes like this."
I did not know if I should dig deeper.
"My grandpa. He died Friday. "I swallowed. So there. How to respond appropriately now? I knew exactly how grief felt like the stages we went through. And yet I did not know what to say. Why do I call? I should go there! My stomach tightened.
"Oh Tom! I'm so sorry. "He was breathing heavily and swallowed. He tried to keep his composure.
"It's better this way for him," he said, and cleared his throat.
"And yet it's bad." Was a pause.
"Can I help somehow? Should I give in to the Agency decision? "
" That would be good. "
" Good. Do not worry about the job. We'll get everything. Do you care about your family. This is important now. "
" Hmm. "I could his pain almost feel it. And yet I could not help him.
"Tom ..."
"Hmm?"
"You know, you can always call if there is something."
"Yes."
break.
"Well, um, then ..." I sighed.
"The funeral is on Thursday." Tom's voice was rough, as if he had not been used.
"Okay." Sady man, say something!
break.
"have to start over now."
"Right."
"Goodbye." Tom hung up.
I put the phone next to me and rolled me up on the couch. Although it is outside had around 20 degrees, I was cold.

0 comments:

Post a Comment