Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Babies Cheeks Are Red...is It Frostbite



The following weeks were not my happiest. I tried one more, to speak two times with Tom, but he resent it. In the Agency, our relationship was collegial and objective, friendly but not at a distance. One would have thought we would do little to each other would not know us. Took the matter with me more than I had expected. It had not changed the fact that I only saw a friend in Tom, but that was the problem. He was no more - no less. He was not just a colleague, who distanced himself suddenly. I lost a friend.
I tried to throw after all the work. Hoping that I lose the fun again found. Initially, it was also very successful. I worked late into the night, read manuscripts on the phone, with authors, organized reading tours, took on holiday cover by colleagues who wanted to spontaneously enjoy the late summer. Even Mr. P was not lost, that I grew a tooth. What did not mean that that got me in any form. He took the only reason for me aufzubrummen more work and leave from and to a smug comment.
The lot of work but demanded by some time took its toll and made a mistake. I sent a dating agency a contract for one of its authors, in which an incorrect fee was recorded. The contract was signed back - and the child had fallen into the well. Mr. P was raging, I tried everything to cancel the contract ... which turned out but in vain. It was not a nice thing, but somehow, the Agency would also come out of the situation. If necessary, they were insured against such things. But for me, had the unpleasant consequences. Mr. P had a tantrum after another. He missed no opportunity to show me how unfit I was to do my work. I was only boring jobs, laborers, wanted to do any work. Finally, there was no answer for me to entrust important work. First, I had the easy pass over me. I knew I had made a mistake. That was not to be denied. I just moved his head and hoped that the situation calmed down with time. When this did not arrive, I slowly crawled out of my shell and started to point out that my work was quite good in recent years and I'm not just one - would be measured errors - admittedly large. That was a drop in the bucket. I always hoped to find at least help Tom, but he stayed out of it. Earlier he had blasphemed me about what had made for laughing at the agency and that it would one day have all surprised. But now, he said to do nothing. Jasmine was only at times and showed me that even they did not agree, how they treated me. But she was very young and lived high. Logical that they would then forfeit with anyone.

time again as it was that projects were divided up and I should just elaborate, I was frustrated for good. It was clear that something had to change. Continue like that could not. After work I drove straight to the Maja book shops , to invite them to a wine. We wanted anyway toast to a very successful Reading Month. The events we had planned were very good at Maja arrived customers, so that there were already more scheduled for December. The number of customers had increased markedly. The children's reading at each other Saturday mornings had retained Maja. The dwarves loved the homemade cakes, the Maya's mother donated, and have always work with great zeal.
"Oh, hello! What are you doing here? "Maja was pleased that I spontaneously stopped by.
"Oh, I had to see even a normal person."
"Oops! Again, the agency? "I nodded.
"I need determined yet an hour until I get out of here. But my ma is the same and brings a fresh cake for tomorrow and over there there is a large stack of new books. Because, try to do so. "
" I'm doing. If I disturb you say but know. "
" Nonsense! "Maja gave me a playful slap. "I can not just set off. Then I have time. "
I set out to browse the new releases. Shortly after I came Helena, Maya's Mom, the shops and with it a scent cloud that was a watering mouth-watering dishes.
"Sady! Nice to you too once again to face get! "She pressed me to her maternal great breasts. "You do not look good, girl!" Started to cry I would have liked. But I was not five more.
"Oh, Helen. At the moment everything is stupid. But this is again already. "Helena I patted his arm. "What have you baked for the cake? The durftet fantastic! "Helena had to laugh
.
"At least it has not changed. You're still just a sweet tooth, the sorrows with chocolate cake and fought back. "
" Yes, but once the problems had to be gone, too ... "
" Then you get now an extra large pieces. This helps determine. "
Maja Ma grabbed three different cakes. One looked better than the other and they all smelled heavenly! I got a big piece of chocolate-cherry. It was - as one might expect - very, very tasty. I actually felt a lot better.
"Well you see, now you can even smile again! It still remains little girl! What would you do without your only Mama? "I laughed at her.
"I do not know!"
little later, Maja came up. She had closed the shop and looked done. "Oh! Chocolate cherry! I want one too! "
"Yet another little girl!" Helena laughed and shook his head and went to get another plate.
"So, if you've eaten, you can go. The rest I'm doing. You look like you could take a sip of wine. "
" Oh, Mama! You have to play here is not the cleaning lady! I'll do it this evening. "
" Do not argue, "If the said Helena, all resistance was futile. So we picks the last crumbs from our plates and were on our way to Maya's and Ben's apartment. Ben was by the end of the week on business, so we had the apartment for us.
Maja made in pleasant light, got glasses out of the closet and opened a bottle of wine.
"So, now tell something was going on."
I told her what had happened. The fact that I had once again and we not have a project, Mr. P had of course point out that any colleagues who could not transfer good work, and so on and so on.
Maja sighed.
"Honestly, Sady. I doubt that will change the situation much. "
was also my clear by now.
"But what shall I do then? Such jobs are not even around on the street. "
" You wanted to redirect but eh. Maybe something completely different . Make Now would be a good time to do it. "
Maja was right, but having to worry about what you wanted to do things differently in theory, to build castles in the air, to dream ... this was something completely different than it really to be addressed.
"I do not know. What if it does not work. And what exactly should I do? I do not even know where to start ... "
" You've still got so much on holiday. Why do not you go away? Then you could get away, you worry about exactly what you want and you ask, how can you implement it. "
I thought.
"That would be a possibility. But where should I go? We have the beginning of October and in hot countries it is too expensive. And then even alone! "
" You could see Paula in London. She lives there have only been 3 weeks, but that makes her determined not mind. "
We had met Paula and her mother, Jutta, Sylt. At that time, Paula waited eagerly for a commitment for a job as a doctor in a London hospital. Shortly after our vacation we have four of us met at a wine in Hamburg and had reported that they would actually go to London. I loved this city and it would be a welcome change. I knew that Paula was struggling with homesickness. She wanted to first Christmas come back to Germany and maybe I could leave her grief a little easier.
I decided to send her an email this evening and they zufragen what she thought of it.

A week later I was at the airport, luggage for three weeks while waiting and the fact that my flight was called. Maja was sitting next to me and was a bit sad - because she could not come along and because we would not see us now for three long weeks.
"Order Paula greetings. And slow me yes no redheaded island people that want to marry you then. Got it? I do not want to have to constantly commute between Hamburg and London. "
I poked it into the page.
"I'm really grad other things on his mind than me to laugh a guy there."
The ad jumped and pointed to the gate to which I had to. I said goodbye to Maja and went on my way.

0 comments:

Post a Comment